Complete the following thought with as many nouns or phrases as possible:
Happiness is ....
Pre-Reading Warm Up Questions ☀
1. What affects happiness most, money, health or love?
2. What age are people happiest?
3. Should you smile when you are unhappy?
4. Why do we feel happier in some places than others?
5. How long does a hug usually last?
A PRESCRIPTION FOR HAPPINESS
1. Understand the statistics.
Genetics determine about 50% of your happiness level. 10% comes from external factors like health and income. The rest is up to you. If you weren’t born happy, work harder at it.
2. Don’t think about your age.
Worrying about how old you are getting will make you miserable. Happy people don’t care about age appropriateness. If you want to tour the world, go for it. Most people get happier after the age of 50.
3. Smile even if you’re faking.
Health experts say that smiling releases natural pain-killers. These may help you fight off colds and flus. A fake smile is better than no smile.
4. Surround yourself with beauty.
Happiness is mainly an inside job. However, a beautifully decorated room or office can improve your mood. Beautify the room you spend most of your time in. Stay organized.
5. Hug for at least 6 seconds.
A hug with a close friend or family member should last at least 6 seconds. Studies show that children who are hugged a lot become happier adults.
6. Keep a daily to-do list.
Meeting goals and deadlines increases a sense of well-being. Make a new list each day, and always plan something to look forward to.
7. Count your blessings and thank Allah for every grace and blessing you can count and what you can't count :)
وَإِن تَعُدُّواْ نِعْمَةَ اللَّهِ لاَ تُحْصُوهَا إِنَّ اللَّهَ لَغَفُورٌ رَّحِيمٌ "سورةالنحل آية 18
(And if you should count the favors of Allah , you could not enumerate them. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful 16:18)
- Messages : 29
Points : 81
Date d'inscription : 26/05/2012